Senior NKE ICT Training on Java
Terms of Reference
INTERVENTION TO: a) Development and implementation of a training plan for improvement of IT capacities of selected staff and existing ICT teachers (1.1.3)
- b) Development of the IT course programme with the relevant curricula (1.2.1)
Contract No: 2019/413-135
Project Code: EuropeAid/136756/DH/SER/XK
Project Title: EU support for the Competitiveness of Kosovo’s ICT sector
Post Title: Senior NKE ICT Training on Java (ICT-T-Java)
Activity site: Kosovo (use of home based days for work related to development of Java training course and preparation of training materials will be allowed as long as travel restrictions related to the coronavirus for travel to Kosovo are in place)
Duration: up to 26 working days (to be extended if the no of training participants is higher than originally planned, and subject to SNKE’s availability)
Estimated starting date: 16 June 2020
Estimated ending date: 30 Sep 2020
- GENERAL INFORMATION:
The overall objective of the project is to enhance the competitiveness of Kosovo’s digital and traditional businesses by supporting the growth of Kosovo’s ICT sector leading to growth and new job creation. The purpose is to bridge the digital and business skills gap in a sustainable manner that meets the needs of the market and increases the competitiveness of Kosovo’s digital and traditional businesses and to increase the export of Kosovar ICT businesses, and traditional businesses through the use of ICT.
- SPECIFIC BACKGROUND:
In the course of its implementation, the project shall provide:
- ICT trainings to selected staff in 7 VTCs, EARK, ICK and to ICT teachers in 8 VET ICT schools
- Trainings on digital skills for at least 1440 people
III. DESCRIPTION OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
The SNKE ICT Training on Java (ICT-T-Java), under the supervision of the Key Expert 2 – ICT Expert, will be involved in all activities related to trainings on Java under the Activities:
- a) Development and implementation of a training plan for improvement of IT capacities of selected staff and existing ICT teachers (Act 1.1.3)
- b) Development of the IT course programme with the relevant curricula (Act 1.2.1)
These tasks shall cover the following:
- Development of final training course on Java (Act 1.1.3 and Act 1.2.1)
- Preparation (including possible revision/re-adjustment) of training material on Java (Act 1.1.3 and Act 1.2.1)
- Implementation of training course on Java (Act 1.1.3)
- Ad hoc support required by the Key Expert 2 regarding Java training
The SNKE ICT Training on Java (ICT-T-Java) will be supported in his tasks by the JNKE Training Support.
The timetable for the above activities should be considered as follows.
|Seq||Activity||Duration* (estimated)||Timing (estimated)|
|1||Support to the development and implementation of the training plan for selected staff and existing ICT teachers||20 days||By 31 July|
|2||Support to the development of the IT course programme with the relevant curricula on digital skills||6 days||By 15 October|
*Use of home based days for work related to development of Java training course and preparation of training materials will be allowed as long as travel restrictions related to the coronavirus for travel to Kosovo are in place ; Java training under Act 1.1.3 may be delivered online in consultation with the Beneficiary and the Contracting Authority
Involvement of Key Expert (s)
The above assignment will be implemented under the direct supervision of the Key ICT Expert and the Team Leader:
- Review the development and organisation of Java training module ;
- Finalisation of Java training module
- Finalisation of Training Plan;
- Review and monitoring of delivery of Java training
- Have the responsibility of the final elaboration and approval of all outputs.
Involvement of Backstopping staff
The backstopping staff will contribute to the implementation of this assignment as follows:
- Provision of all necessary information (e.g. project data, TNA results, labour market survey results, etc.) relevant to the requirements of the Training Programme
- First level quality control of the training course produced and provision of technical recommendations
- Provide ad hoc support to the NKE where needed
- Java training module for training of selected staff and existing ICT teachers developed
- Java training plan for training of selected staff and existing ICT teachers prepared
- Java training of selected staff and existing ICT teachers planned and provided (under Act 1.1.3)
- Java curriculum for IT course programme (under Act 1.2.1) developed
- Training materials for Java prepared
The expert will deliver the outputs/reports in English, and should be approved by the Team Leader. The outputs/reports will be attached to the expert’s draft timesheet(s).
- EXPERT PROFILE:
The Senior NKE shall meet the following requirements:
Qualifications and Skills:
- University degree in Computer Sciences; a Master or PhD in the field of Computer Sciences is considered as an advantage;
- Good command of English;
- Excellent training skills
General professional experience
- Minimum 8 years of professional experience in the area of ICT.
Specific professional experience
- Minimum of three (3) years of professional experience in development and organisation of ICT trainings
- Excellent knowledge of Java programming, proven through at least 3 relevant assignments
- Experience in delivery of training on Java (medium-advanced level) is considered as an advantage.
It is expected that the assignment will be completed in not more than 26 working days. Depending on the possible need for more work inputs, the total workload may be extended.
- WORK LOCATION & CONDITIONS:
The normal place of posting is Pristina; however due to the circumstances related to coronavirus, use of home based days for work related to development of Java training course and preparation of training materials will be allowed as long as travel restrictions related to the coronavirus for travel to Kosovo are in place.
VII. TIME SCHEDULE:
The assignment is planned to commence on 16 June 2020 and be completed by 30 September 2020.
Application letter and EU format CV, both in English, must be submitted by e-mail to [email protected] no later than 10 June 2020, titled: “Application for the position – Senior NKE ICT Training on Java (ICT-T-Java)”.
References must be available on request.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The Project is an equal opportunity employer, in respect of the principles of good governance, sustainable development, and gender equality.
All applications will be considered strictly confidential.